Cub Scout Pack 362 is made up of boys and girls living in Selden, Centereach, Coram, and Port Jefferson. Our cubs go to school primarily at New Lane, Hawkins Path, and Stagecoach Elementary. We offer your child the opportunity to make life-long friends and take part in activities that most non-scouts only dream of. If done correctly, parents of Scouts find themselves benefiting nearly as much as their kids. Scouting is fun, educational, and relatively inexpensive.
Pack 362 embraces the new family scouting program which means girls can join a girl den or boys can join a boys den. Each den follows their own program for weekly den meetings to complete requirements but the varied age/ sex dens will interact at pack meetings or pack events (IE trips/ campouts). Our cub pack has included entire families in the program for several years, but for those that prefer a legacy unisex approach their are other Packs in the county you can explore.
We meet during the school year on Wednesday nights at 7pm; three Den Meetings per month held at Selden Middle School, and one Pack Night either at the school, hope Lutheran Church (our Charter sponsor) or Selden Firehouse.
Typical Events include
- Camping Fall and Spring/Summer
- Hiking (IE: Cold Spring Harbor Hatchery, Fire Island -Sunken Trail, Avalon Park)
- Fishing (IE: Charter Boat Port Jeff.)
- Overnight Trip TBA (IE: Cradle of Aviation Museum, Battleship Cove - USS Mass. , LI Children's Museum)
- Parades, ceremonies, community service, memorial services...
- Pinewood Derby (build cars and race)
- Scout advancement ceremonies
- Blue and Gold Banquet (annual)
- Kite flying, Biking... Fun
For more info contact Cubmaster David June: Djune78@aol.com
Boy Scouts of America
Suffolk County Council BSA
Benjamin Tallmadge District